It's not very often that I tell my kids that they can Make a Mess. But the other day, I felt like it was a good day to do just that. First we went outside with the easel and made Splatter Paint Pictures. I showed them how to flip the brushes and we also tried blowing bubbles that were tinted with food coloring (that didn't show up on the paper very well). After they were finished painting on paper, I told them that they could paint each other. They looked at me like I was crazy! But after I grabbed the brush and showed them I was serious, Kaleb really got into it. Cambree on the other hand started to cry. She didn't like being painted so I let Kaleb paint on me. When we used up all the paint, I had them put their shoes on and we walked over to a spot in my Mom's garden that she saves for the kids to play in the dirt. I turned the hose on and told them they could play in the MUD! Surprisingly, Cambree liked the mud better than the paint and of course Kaleb did too. We talked him out of a mud ball fight and made water-filled canals and lakes instead. At the end, he was rolling in the mud. I hosed them off and we went home so they could take a warm bath. I've never seen so much mud at the bottom of the tub!
1 comment:
You are such a patient and creative Mom!!!
Post a Comment