Thursday, August 28, 2008

Show and Tell

Today was Kaleb's first Show and Tell at Kindergarten. Last week when he found out that they were going to start doing show and tell, he has been thinking about what to take. He had finally decided on bringing his bug barn with the 5 caterpillars in it that he caught in the garden. Well, on the first day of show and tell, one of his other classmates brought a caterpillar. So he couldn't bring the SAME thing when it was his turn, so he decided he wanted to bring his cat, Frosty. I wasn't too sure about that because he has a tendency of being a little scratchy when he's trying to play. We tested him out and I let Kaleb bring him into the house for a few minutes to see what he did. He just laid on the floor and let Kaleb pet him. So today when it was about time for show and tell, Cambree and I loaded up Frosty into the little pet carrier that we have and drove him up to the school. I have to say the cat did pretty good. He got a little scared when 8 kids started toward him all at once to pet him, but Kaleb held on to him and got him calmed down while his teacher had the kids sit back. He told a little bit about him and then Mrs. Smith had each kid take a turn petting Frosty. This picture was taken after Kaleb came home on the bus. (Cambree and I brought the cat with us after show and tell was over!)

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Yay! I'm glad it worked out!

Hall Family said...

I love your blog. It is great to see pictures of the kids, they sure have grown.

Kay