Monday, April 21, 2008

Cory & Julie

Cory is currently teaching at West Jefferson Middle School (formerly Terreton Jr. High, but now they've added 6th grade which makes it a 'middle school') He teaches Social Studies, Geography, History (He did his student teaching with Mr. Rainey - for those of you that went to school in Terreton - and then Mr. Rainey retired right after Cory graduated so he had the opportunity to jump in there.) He also teaches Spanish, coaches Football ~ 7th & 8th grade and helps with WJHS Varsity ~ and coaches track at the Middle School.



During the summer, Cory farms with my Dad. They do custom hay farming. It works out really well because we live right next door to my parents in Hamer so we still get to see Cory a lot during the summer and the kids like to go ride in the swather, tractors, and semi-truck with the guys.



Cory is the Ward Clerk in our ward and stays busy keeping all the records updated. He likes to going flyfishing every chance he gets. He really misses living close to his family and we keep hoping that they will move back this way soon.



Now for me, (Julie), there's not MUCH to say. I am able to stay at home with our kids and luckily do not HAVE to work. I do get into helping farm a little bit during the summer and just learned how to swath last year. I have raked hay and drove the semi truck in the fields since high school, but I never had to learn to swath until 3rd crop last year when Cory had to go back to teaching school in the fall. I also help my Mom with a big garden that is between our houses.



Other than that, I am the Activity Days Leader in my ward and substitute in the Primary. I like to take pictures and have photographed some fun events for a few friends and family (Bridals, Engagement Pictures, Wedding, and Family Pictures.) I would like to learn about the digital stuff so I could create slideshows to put on my blog, but I haven't quite figured that out yet!

That's us!

1 comment:

mommymelb said...

It's fun to hear what you are up to! Thanks for sharing!