Thursday, April 10, 2008

Kaleb

Yesterday in the mail we got a letter telling us that Kindergarten registration is next week. I told Kaleb about it and the only thing he said was, "Will I have to get shots?" He is convinced that since he will be turning 5, that he will have to get 5 shots. I told him it would only be a couple, but apparently he knows more than I do. I am so excited for him to start Kindergarten! I'm sure I'll be a little more nervous and teary-eyed when he is running for the bus in August, but for now, I AM READY! I was trying to get him excited by telling him that at the end of the summer we will get to go school shopping for clothes and supplies, but ya know how excited BOYS get about shopping - not very. Kaleb asked Cory the other day, "Dad, do you know any other 4 year olds that can count to 199?" Cory just said, "No, I don't." He's such a little smartie!

Also yesterday, Kaleb came to me and said he wanted to take the training wheels off of his bike. We took them off and I followed him up and down the drive way a few times holding onto the seat. He said he was done after that so I didn't ever get to the point of letting go, but it's a start! I'll keep ya posted on his bike riding status!

Another one of Kaleb's great accomplishments this week was that he learned to whistle. He has been trying for a long time and he can finally get a few good whistles out. He came into our bedroom this morning and said, "Look, now I can do all three!" Then he did a whistle, a snap, and a wink for us!

3 comments:

mommymelb said...

What a cutie! I was excited for kindergarten, until it started. We don't have a bus, and so my days are so tied down having to take her and then go get her a couple hours later! Drives me crazy! At least next year we go the whole day!

Kellie said...

I love those stories. LOL

megan said...

We are doing kindergarten registration too. Good Luck!