Before Christmas, I had the kids help me make cookies and candy to make goodie plates for some of our neighbors and friends. Cambree is such a little Mommy and had to keep one hand on Isaac's bouncer to keep him moving and one hand on the candy.

Here is Kaleb with (one of) our finished treats.

On Christmas Eve, we let the kids open 2 gifts. One is always a pair of PJ's to wear that night. In this gift they also get a new photo ornament with a picture of them taken that year. (This is a tradition we started when Kaleb was a baby and now they love to look back at all the ornaments with their pictures in them!) The second present they open is either a Christmas related book, movie, or game. Here they are with their new jammies!


Cambree got the milk & cookies for Santa all set out complete with a carrot for the reindeer. Then it was off to bed...

I woke up a couple times during the night and early morning with Isaac, but then around 6:45, I couldn't take it any longer! I told Cory that if the kids weren't up by 7:00, I was going to wake them up. I went into the bathroom to put my contacts in and when I came out, Kaleb was running into our bedroom to tell us to get up to see what Santa brought. He ran into Cambree's room to wake her up. I'm pretty sure she was still asleep as she ran into the living room, grabbed a present from under the tree and started tearing it open. I had to take it away from her because she was opening the gift that WE had bought TO GIVE to Grandma Kathy! We got her over to the couch where all the Santa goodies were and then everything was good! Here are pictures of some of their loot:








We paused long enough to take some pictures together:



Isaac konked out before we finished opening presents, but Cambree had fun opening all of his for him!

After we had Christmas morning at our house, we loaded up the kids and a few presents and drove next door to my parent's house to party with them! After eating lunch and letting the kids play outside:



we opened presents at their house!



We had a great day and we all got spoiled! It's crazy how quickly the actual "Day" goes after we've spent weeks preparing for it! Until next year...




1 comment:
That was nice to see some of your Christmas pics.
Post a Comment