Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Are You Ready to Coupon??

Due to the overwhelming request of everyone that reads my blog wanting to get in on this, I'll try to tell you in a nutshell how to get started. First you need to start stockpiling coupons! If you get the newspaper, start with the Sunday coupons. The Post Register offers a special couponing subscription that gets you a weekly subscription and 5 Sunday papers for $20/month. I haven't signed up for this yet, but I'm thinking about doing it. So far I've just bummed coupons off of my dear Mom, and my Uncle (who doesn't use his coupons). And then I've also printed a bunch off the Internet.

In order to get free or really cheap stuff, you need to combine a store sale with a Manufacturer's coupon and/or a Store coupon. Most stores will accept a manufacturer's coupon and a store coupon on the same item. Here is a link to outline some of the local store's coupon policies. I have learned a lot just by reading blogs that are specifically made to tell about the good deals out there. One of my favorites is one based out of Boise called Krazy Coupon Lady. She posts throughout the day of deals she finds. Plus where she's in Boise, it's more local to us Idahoans.

Sorry I can't give you more specific info. Since I just started couponing, I don't know A LOT about it. Usually what I do is look online! You can find just about anything out there in CyberLand! LOL!

These are sites to find printable coupons:
http://coupons.smartsource.com/
http://print.coupons.com/
http://www.redplum.com/ (this doesn't come in Post Reg. anymore, but you can sign up to have it mailed to you)

Here are other links to sites and blogs that are all about couponing. Make sure to look at their side bars to learn more about how to coupon and links to other sites.

http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/
http://www.mummydeals.org/
http://theobsessiveshopper.net/
http://krazycouponlady.blogspot.com/
http://thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com/
http://asweetsale.blogspot.com/
http://thefreebieblogger.com/
http://iamfrugal.blogspot.com/

It does take A LOT of time, especially when you're first getting started! I want to know your success stories so be sure to let me know how you do with your couponing! Good Luck and Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

mommymelb said...

We got back from Vacation and I've started getting the paper now! I'm excited to try this too! Here's to saving TONS of money!

mommymelb said...

So today I went to Albertsons and got tons of stuff for $20. I even got 4.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts and two gallons of Milk in there! Who-Hoo!! And I got my 5 sunday papers on Sunday.

I think this could be addictive