Monday, February 2, 2009

My New Project



So I had this "brilliant" idea to start a new project and now I kind of wonder what in the world I was thinking! All I have been thinking about lately is when I can get a few minutes to work on another bow, but it doesn't just take a few minutes! My housework is suffering! Those who know me well, know that I don't do housework much anyway, but lately it's been pretty scary around here. Yesterday Cory said something to the effect, "Cleaning is over-rated! We clean this house and the next day it's a disaster again! Why bother?" I've been making these hair flowers and bows to sell at Mandy's salon in Pocatello. She put me in touch with one of her friends who is opening a salon and baby / kid boutique and I'm going to be making some to put in that store, also in Pocatello. I've also thought about talking to 2 other people to ask them if I can bring them into their salon to sell and 1 consignment shop. So we'll see what happens. I took my first bunch to Mandy's on Saturday and she'll be bringing them to her salon to start selling them today. Hopefully I can at least make a little more $$$ than what I've put into buying the supplies!! Cross your fingers!!

9 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

So Cute! If I had a girl I'd buy some from you...love them!

Ashley Leonardson said...

Thanks for the comment I hope the website goes well and thanks a bunch for adding it to your links!!
Your bows are so dang cute!! You will do great selling them in salons and stuff that is so exiting!! I have my watches in a couple salons and they do really well there!! Good Luck!!

Kellie said...

They turned out really cute. Don't forget to put info on your own blog to sell them, too!

mommymelb said...

They are very cute! I wish my girls were more "girly" they all pull them out! Maybe I'll just get some for me!

Chad and Angie Ivie said...

They turned out really cute--good luck with the sales!

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Julie. I think this is a great idea!

Teri said...

Those are way cute.....If I had someone to put them on I would buy some...Butt Gary has veto ed me putting any more girl stuff on Crew...I don't know why..jk
You guys look like you have been busy having fun..

megan said...

You did an awesome job. The boys are really cute. If I ever get a girl I will be calling you up. I hope they sell well.

Anonymous said...

I love the bows!