
BUTTERNUT SQUASH BAKE
SERVINGS: 6-8
CATEGORY: Side Dish
METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 small can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups mashed cooked butternut squash
TOPPING:
1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons butter, melted
DIRECTIONS:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Stir in squash (mixture will be thin). Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until almost set. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over casserole. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.




1 comment:
Hi Julie...It was fun to see you posting to my blog. Kathy posted the other day also. It this a fun way to keep in touch. When I set this up, I had a lot of fun going to try to find people that I knew blogging. My sister Holly is the one in our family who started this. By the way, I do share the recipes....I'm not really sure what the clam chowder one is because I just throw in a bunch of stuff...but I'll try to find where I typed them to submit for the contest and print it out for you. The squash bake looks great. I've been into fall recipes. Good luck with your new little one...it looks like it is coming soon! :-)
Kristie
Post a Comment