Friday, October 10, 2008

My 3 Year Old is Going Green!

Last night at dinner, I was sitting at the table while Cambree finished eating. I was squeezing the last little bit of ketchup out of the almost-empty bottle and putting it into the new bottle. Cambree said, "Mom, what are you doing?" I told her and she said, "You need to reuse that bottle!" I asked her what I was going to use it for and she said, "I don't know, but if we just throw it away then it will fill up the landfills and then we won't have anywhere to put our garbage." WHAT?!?! I couldn't believe my 3 year old was telling me about landfills! I asked her where she learned all of that and she told me on TV. OK, now I get it! She had seen some shows recently on PBS that talked about all of this. So then she tried to remember the "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" words. I always think my kids are watching too much TV, but then when they learn things like this, I figure maybe TV must not ALWAYS be a bad thing. Yeah for PBS!

Reduce Reuse Recycle Pictures, Images and Photos

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Ha! She is wise beyond her whole 3years. :)

Brown, Inc. said...

What a cutee pie! Maybe she should teach older kids at school assemblies!