Friday, October 31, 2008
The Luckiest Boy in the World
I have to tell this story because it made me laugh my head off while it was happening. A couple days ago we went to Idaho Falls to do some grocery shopping. My Dad had given Kaleb and Cambree each a dollar to buy a treat. I took Kaleb into Wal-Mart while Cory stayed in the van with Cambree and Isaac. As soon as we walked into the first set of doors, Kaleb runs over to the pop machines and pulls out his dollar. I looked and they were all machines that dispense bottles which cost $1.25. I told him, "Sorry buddy, but those pops all cost a dollar and a quarter." So Kaleb looked in all the coin returns and lo and behold finds a quarter pushed clear to the back. I got a pen out of my purse and helped him get the quarter out and we also got a dime that was behind the quarter. So Kaleb was so excited that he now had enough money to buy a drink. He puts his money in and pushed the button for the one he wanted and nothing happened. I got looking and realized the quarter had come out in the coin return thing. So he put it in again and pushed the button for his drink. He pushed the little door open at the bottom of the machine to get the bottle out and realized that TWO had fallen. SO not only did he luck out and find a quarter, but he got 2 drinks for the price of one AND he got a dime to keep in his pocket! He was so happy and I could not stop laughing at how everything had fallen in to place for him. What a lucky boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
WOW! You might should take him and go buy a lottery ticket or something. Lucky boy~
Post a Comment