Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bun in the Oven!

HA! Got your attention with that Title, right?!?!
A couple of weeks ago I was asked to make rolls for a Young Women fundraiser dinner in our ward. I thought - why in the world would they ask ME to make ROLLS!! I don't make rolls! A salad, a dessert, anything but rolls. Now my Mom - SHE can make ROLLS! She makes the BEST rolls! I helped her make them once, but I didn't help with the dough mixing part, I just helped form the dough into rolls and put them on the pan! But, I wanted to help them out so I said I would bring them, but I don't really know how to make them. So they said, "That's okay, you can just BUY them!" I thought about doing that for a second, but then figured it was time for ME to learn how to MAKE rolls! So I called my Mom and got her recipe. She gave me the recipe and then told me all her little tricks that she does that is different from the directions. So I took the challenge and I MADE HOMEMADE ROLLS! They weren't nearly as difficult as I thought they would be, PLUS they turned out pretty good! NOW I know how to MAKE rolls.....just don't ask ME to make GRAVY!! (I would like to know what basic food you still struggle with making?!?! Leave me a comment!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I struggle with Divinity. But I LOVE rolls. I've tried several recipes just to have a new taste. How about sharing your Mom's recipe.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and yes you got my attention. I thought Hmmm, would they really post it on their blog before telling us first?

mickelsenfamily said...

Ha yeah! You got my attention...I was just about ready to call Kellie. Glad to know you were really just talking about Buns. They look delicious!!!

Kellie said...

They look really good! Nice work.
I would say rolls and bread are not my strong point, either. You know about the bread machine fiasco I have had. Thank goodness for frozen Rhodes dough!

Kellie said...

PS You're such a TEASE!

mommymelb said...

I agree with Kellie, thank heavens for Rhodes!

I think I'm just too impatient. I want hot rolls in like an hour, and that doesn't work!

And yep I was caught off guard with your title too! :)

Bobbi said...

The rolls look devine!! Great Job.

Ashley Leonardson said...

Good title!! Way to go on the rolls I do the frozen ones!! I know big cheater!!

The Bell Family said...

Maybe you could teach me! I need help in the roll/bread department:)