Monday, March 23, 2009

My Star

I've been really trying to keep up with this season's Dancing with the Stars. For those of you who watch the show, you know that Ty Murray is dancing this time around. About 16 years ago, while my family was at the Dodge National Circuit Finals Rodeo in Pocatello, we saw Ty Murray walk in front of the crowd at the Holt Arena. (This was back in the day when I pretended to be a cowgirl!) He was pretty new to the scene back then, but being the rodeo fans that we were, we knew exactly who we was. {I think Kellie might have even had a crush on him?!?!} Anyway back to my story...when we saw him walking, Kellie, my friend Stephanie, and I ran down to where he was at and we asked him if he would be in a picture with us. The ESPN video guy was standing right there so we asked him to take the picture and handed him our camera.

I have always cherished this picture because he's the only celebrity that I've gotten close enough to get a picture with. {Plus ya gotta love the bangs in this picture! Thanks Steph for teaching me how to do my hair like yours!! LOL!}

When I found out he was going to be on Dancing with the Stars, I hurried and called my Mom. She still loves to watch rodeos, especially bull riding, and was excited to see him on the show! She even calls in to vote! So who is your star on the show? If you don't have a favorite, just vote for Ty! Although he has dramatically improved, he still needs all the help he can get!

5 comments:

Kellie said...

Okay. I'm going to pretend like this does not document my awkward stage by drawing your attention to something else. Notice my clenched jaw? It is true. I always did and probably always will have a crush on "Ty". I was having to bite my tongue when 2 other girls who were not his #1 fan got the spots on either side of him and *I* was the third wheel. I mean, come on. I had his picture melted into my teeth retainer for dang sake. Not like I'm bitter or anything.
PS I didn't know Mom voted! Too cute.

Julie Hall said...

Oh Kellie! I had forgotten about your Ty retainer!! Hey, I was just standing there - notice how Steph has her arm linked with his! You should be mad at her, not me! LOL! ;)

mickelsenfamily said...

Oh my gosh....love this post! And...LOVE the HAIR!!! So fashionable!!! That's awesome you got a picture...and Kellie...a picture on your retainer...that is a bit extreme don't you thing...I'm still laughing!!!

annie said...

Julie,
yes I had to stalk your blog --- this picture CRACKS me up!! I actually just got off the phone with Steph, I had to call and tell her that she famous now :) She just got a bunch of home movies put onto DVD and she said that she watched your 8th grade graduation and that the hair ROCKED!! Your crew was always so happenin'! Your kids are to sweet, that baby is so huggable! Thanks for posting something that really made had me rolling -- I am SO voting for Ty, I was sure that I'd marry him someday, guess Jewel ended up being cooler than me, too bad.

mommymelb said...

I love the hair. I actually 'fessed up to David the other day about owning Pink Wranglers in Jr. High. I didn't ever really do "cowboy" so well! LOL!

And Kellie a retainer! That's awesome!

(Honestly, I had never heard of this guy before, and had to google him. He is good lookin' though!)