Friday, October 3, 2008

Johnny Appleseed!




Last week in Kindergarten, Kaleb's teacher had the kids celebrate Johnny Appleseed's birthday. She told them the story about him and then she helped them mix up "Johnny Appleseed Pancakes" which they cooked on a griddle in their classroom. My kids do not eat pancakes. But Kaleb came home raving about these yummy pancakes that he ate two of. The next day, Mrs. Smith sent home the recipe for these infamous pancakes. After days of Kaleb asking for Johnny Appleseed pancakes, we finally made them. They were so good! Cory told me to throw away any other recipe I had for pancakes so I could just make these. Kaleb showed me how to put the butter on them while they were still hot on the griddle, then we just kind of rolled them up like a taco and ate them. Cory put a little syrup on his and he liked them that way too.

Anyway - you better try them out to see if they might become a regular at your house!

Johnny Appleseed Pancakes
1 cup applesauce
2 cups pancake mix (we used Krusteaz)
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar

Mix all ingredients. Heat griddle to 325. Coat with oil or cooking spray.

Pour small amount of batter on griddle for each pancake (between 2 T. - 1/4 cup) Fry for 2 minutes on each side.

4 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

Hey! I love any recipe I can get!!! They look good. Maybe I'll try them in the morning seems that Saturday is really the only day I make breakfast. I hope the next post is of your new little one...can't wait to see him!

Kellie said...

Those look really good, Jul! We will be trying them.

Bobbi said...

Maybe I will make them before conference tomorrow?? My boys LOVE pancakes. (I do too)

Kellie said...

Lucky you! You've been tagged. See my blog for more info! :)