Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Little Bit Broken



On Monday Kaleb fell at recess and put his hands down to catch himself. He said it really hurt his wrist and for 3 days, every time we would touch his arm, he would cry or holler that it hurt. Since we are leaving to go to Caldwell this weekend, I thought we better get it checked out. So today I took him to Redi-Care and when they took the x-rays, they found he had a buckle fracture. They usually treat them with a splint, but they didn't have one small enough for Kaleb's arm. So they had to fashion one out of 3 or 4 different things they found in the supply closet! ;) In 2 weeks, we'll go back to see if it has healed or if they will have to put a hard cast on it. I'm glad we found out what was wrong, but now the fun is going to be keeping this "soft cast" / splint / brace thing clean and dry for 2 weeks. Not only are we going to Caldwell/Boise for the long weekend, Kaleb also has his school field trip, outside field day, and all the other things that come with school ending and summer beginning! He was pretty nervous about going into the Dr. because he thought he would have to get a shot. But now he's so excited to go to school and show his friends!!



When people ask him if he broke his arm, he says, "No, it's just a little bit broken." {Jaime - I guess I jinxed us by the comment I left on your blog about hoping this little boy accident trend didn't come in three's! Since we're #3, it should stop with us, right?!}



Not to be out-done, Cambree asked the nurse if she could have some pink wrap. Not only did the nurse give her a roll of pink wrap, she gave her all the other white stuff to go under the wrap too! As soon as we got home, she had her Dad wrap up her wrist too!

5 comments:

Annette said...

I can't believe its a little broken! Poor guy. Sounds like you had quite the trip to town. Did you still go shopping? How did it go?

mickelsenfamily said...

Oh Julie I'm so sorry!!! I told Kellie last night that it's harder on the mom than the kid! Good luck with everything in the next few weeks. Kind of crazy I got my cast off yesterday and Kaleb got one put on. I will be thinking of you and feeling sorry for you that you have to deal with a cast...they are the worst! Hope he gets better soon.

Kellie said...

Nice pouty face!!!
Are we off to a roarin' Summer or what?!? Have fun on your mini vacation! :)

Bobi... said...

Hope it heals up so you don't have to do any more casts! Good luck! Have fun on your trip!

AG said...

nevermind my last question :)